With a change of the season comes a fresh face leading the kitchen team and an entirely new menu to match at Park Street Dining, an eco-friendly caf dedicated to sustainability and the community.
Recently appointed head chef, Greg McFarland (Kettle Black, Melbourne; St Ali, Melbourne; The Gleneagles Hotel, Scotland) has brought a wealth of European and Melbourne hospitality experience to the North Carlton caf and natural passion for day-time dining which translates into the latest menu offering.
Simple, well-matched and predominantly Asian flavours and availability of the highest quality produce characterize McFarlands take on brunch, complemented by his seven years experience in the Melbourne breakfast scene.
Staples including Park Sts egg and bacon roll, BBQ roll and house-made coconut yogurt with granola feature, whilst McFarland puts a fresh spin on the gourmet breakfast and day-time dining offering with signatures set to include;
- Cool coconut rice pudding, mango, macadamia, freeze dried fruits
- One pan breakfast: chorizo, tomatoes, fennel, baked eggs, red onion and goats curd
- Ricotta on toast, salsa verde, pickled radishes, lemon myrtle and Port Lincoln sardines
- Smoked eel omelette, xo sauce, enoki mushroom, herb salad
- Octopus legs, poached eggs, yuzu hollandaise, marrow and caper crumb
- Brown butter mushrooms, potato crisps, poached duck egg, kale, shitake powder
- Jennys High Tea: savoury pate macaroon, katsu pork sanga, rice tea broth (named after McFarlands longtime culinary companion and current Park Street Dining sous chef, Jenny Tiang)
- Ham hock terrine, smoked fried eggs, potato sauce, smoke
A Next Gen menu serves up nostalgic favourites for kids including a chilled coconut rice pudding, the Dr. Seuss: green eggs and ham and classic egg and soldiers.
Those looking for a breakfast tipple or two to heal pains from the night before can reach for a Mimosa, Bloody Mary, White Negroni or Red Sangria, available anytime from 10am.
Their low-environmental ethos continues with vegetables and herbs sourced straight from the garden, honey seasonally harvested from hives on the roof, and a Gaia composting system has been installed to minimise food waste. Coffee is roasted locally by Capital Coffee Roasters, and available to purchase on site. What cant be grown or made in-house, is sourced directly from the best purveyors in and around Melbourne.
The event space and catering continues to evolve, with new menus also available for wedding receptions, intimate functions and private dining.